The word affirmation comes from the Latin affirmare, originally meaning "to make steady, strengthen. Affirmations are proven methods of self-improvement because of their ability to rewire our brains. Much like exercise, they raise the level of feel-good hormones and push our brains to form new clusters of "positive thought". In the sequence of thought-speech-action, affirmations play an integral role by breaking patterns of negative thoughts, negative speech, and, in turn, negative actions.
No words are empty words, as every syllable we speak engages energy towards or against us. If you constantly say "I can't," the energy of your words will repel the universal force against you. But if you say "I can!" the universe will endow you with the abilities to do just that. So speak away; relinquish your fears and purge your anger, predict your own future and live up to your potential with the 40 affirmations that will change your life:
- I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents.
- Today, I am brimming with energy and overflowing with joy.
- My body is healthy; my mind is brilliant; my soul is tranquil.
- I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions.
- I have been given endless talents which I begin to utilize today.
- I forgive those who have harmed me in my past and peacefully detach from them.
- A river of compassion washes away my anger and replaces it with love.
- I am guided in my every step by Spirit who leads me towards what I must know and do.
- (If you're married) My marriage is becoming stronger, deeper, and more stable each day.
- I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful.
- (For business owners) My business is growing, expanding, and thriving.
- Creative energy surges through me and leads me to new and brilliant ideas.
- Happiness is a choice. I base my happiness on my own accomplishments and the blessings I've been given.
- My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless; my potential to succeed is infinite.
- (For those who are unemployed) I deserve to be employed and paid well for my time, efforts, and ideas. Each day, I am closer to finding the perfect job for me.
- I am courageous and I stand up for myself.
- My thoughts are filled with positivity and my life is plentiful with prosperity.
- Today, I abandon my old habits and take up new, more positive ones.
- Many people look up to me and recognize my worth; I am admired.
- I am blessed with an incredible family and wonderful friends
- I acknowledge my own self-worth; my confidence is soaring.
- Everything that is happening now is happening for my ultimate good.
- I am a powerhouse; I am indestructible.
- Though these times are difficult, they are only a short phase of life.
- My future is an ideal projection of what I envision now.
- I attract only good things in my life
- My efforts are being supported by the universe; my dreams manifest into reality before my eyes.
- (For those who are single) The perfect partner for me is coming into my life sooner than I expect.
- I radiate beauty, charm, and grace.
- I am conquering my illness; I am defeating it steadily each day.
- My obstacles are moving out of my way; my path is carved towards greatness.
- I wake up today with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind.
- My fears of tomorrow are simply melting away.
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
- My nature is Divine; I am a spiritual being.
- I have the peace of God within me that surpasses all understanding, which allows me to love and be more accepting of others around me.
- I choose to have my thoughts to be in alignment with the word of God. Every word that I speak as a result brings forth abundance in every area of my life
- I have what it takes and I am destined to win
- I have the Spirit of God within me that keeps me in line with Godly values and principles
- I trust my Creator to bring the right people and circumstances in my life at the right time
“My accomplishments in life is not anything that I can do on my own, but by the grace of God and the gifts and talents He has placed inside of me. I am destined to finish strong, because I am an overcomer.”
Which of the above affirmations resonated with you the most? How do you handle thoughts that enter your mind that are not in alignment with your belief system?